Brittany Petrie, the new Community Outreach Worker for St. Marys.
The Town of St. Marys is pleased to introduce Brittany Petrie as its new Community Outreach Worker. The Community Outreach Worker offers facilitation, education and referrals for residents who require socio-economic support. This role is vital in helping the Town work towards its strategic community wellness goals.
Duties of the Community Outreach Worker include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting residents through sensitive issues such as life skills, mental health, homelessness, addictions, legal matters, etc.
- Providing short-term support and facilitating community membersâ€™ connections to life stability services
- Acting as a primary resource to educate Council, staff and the community regarding social issues and supports that exist in the community
- Delivering community education and outreach, including neighbourhood mediation
Brittany was born and raised in St. Marys. She earned her Bachelor of Social Work at the University of Waterloo and will be graduating this spring from Dalhousie University with a Masters in Social Work.
â€śBeing a life-long St. Marys resident, I welcome the opportunity to give back to my community in such a meaningful way,â€ť says Brittany. â€śThese last few years have brought new and complex challenges for many residents. I look forward to helping our community understand these issues and connecting those in need with short and long-term assistance.â€ť
Brittany can be reached at firstname.lastname@example.org or 226-261-0098. She is also available for drop-in support at the following times and locations:
- Tuesdays from 9:00 a.m. to 12:00 p.m. at the Friendship Centre
- Fridays from 1:00 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. at the St. Marys Public Library