Community News from St. Marys and area.

Browns Womens Institute presentation

The regular monthly meeting of Browns Women’s Institute was held at Browns School on February 21.  President Liz Harrison led the business which consisted of discussion on the 120th anniversary of FWIO, the April 8th Euchre Luncheon, The Garden Party for a Cause on May 7th, the Spring Board Meeting on March 7th and the…

10-year-old philanthropist donates to “Someone I Know”

Charlotte Clinton donates $53.35 of savings to support our hospital By Stewart Grant The St. Marys Memorial Hospital Foundation’s “Someone I Know” campaign has been consistently spurred on by generous giving from local businesses, organizations and families. Each donation serves as an inspiration for the next. 10-year-old Charlotte Clinton should inspire us all. For the…

Rome wasn’t built in a day

It’s the first half of February and you’re wondering what the heck happened with the game plan you made on January 1st to hit the gym and change your life for the better.  Well guess what?  Before you decide to pack it in for another year, I thought I would share a couple points to…

Legion Mini Putt Tournament was fun for all

By Tom Jenkins On Saturday, February 4th, the Royal Canadian Legion Branch 236 St Marys opened its doors to the public for a new and fun-filled project – a mini-putt tournament. It took about three days of preparation on the part of dedicated Legion volunteers to transform the upstairs hall into a golf course. Carpet…

LCBO donation to Someone I know campaign

Proceeds from a campaign at the St. Marys LCBO were presented to the “Someone I Know” campaign on Wednesday. It was a joint effort from staff who donated $100 and the remainder from customers. Pictured are (from left) Krista Linklater, Pat Craigmile, Dee Buhrow, Wayne Peck (at rear) who is President of Local 165 and…

Pettapiece nominated to run again in 2018

Perth-Wellington MPP Randy Pettapiece has been acclaimed as the Progressive Conservative candidate for the next provincial election, expected in June 2018. Per the news release provided by the Perth-Wellington Provincial PC Association, Pettapiece believes Ontario is ready for a change after years of rising hydro bills, waste and mismanagement, and that PC leader Patrick Brown…