Community News from St. Marys and area.

The Post Office situation

Mayor Al Strathdee has been in communication about the situation at the Post Office, with people complaining about the long lines outside the building. Below is a letter sent by the Mayor on the current situation and a response from Canada Post. This subject is on the agenda for this week’s Town Council meeting and…

Three Heritage Permits approved this week

By Spencer Seymour, Local Journalism Initiative Reporter For members of the Town of St. Marys Heritage Advisory Committee, whose mandate is to preserve and protect the community’s significant heritage features, Monday’s meeting surely had special meaning as two of the Town’s historical treasurers moved a step closer to positive revitalization. Heritage permit requests were approved…

COVID-19: Behind the scenes at a travel agency

By Louise Bell It is fitting that Travel Agent Day, Wednesday May 6, comes in the midst of the Covid-19 pandemic. Never has the value of a travel agent been so apparent. In my articles, I always recommend using a travel consultant and leave it there. This time, I am going to highlight many of…

ServiceOntario Centre closes in St. Marys

By Stewart Grant In a bulletin issued on Thursday, April 30, the Ontario Ministry of Government and Consumer Services announced that the ServiceOntario centre located in St. Marys at 194 Queen Street West has permanently closed. The nearest ServiceOntario Centre is now the Stratford location, located at 5 Huron Street. It is open Monday to…

Canada Post provides update on St. Marys service

Canada Post is proud to continue providing an essential service to our customers in St. Marys, while ensuring we are doing everything possible to keep our people, and the communities we serve, safe. That has meant implementing significant changes right across our operations, following the guidance of national and local public health authorities. Our post…