Application period open from September 24 to November 2, 2018
The Town of St. Marys is encouraging residents to get involved in their community by applying for a position on an appointed board or committee. From September 24 to November 2, 2018, the Town will be accepting applications for board and committee members to serve during the 2018 – 2022 term of Council.
Board and committee members provide invaluable insight, input and expertise on matters that affect the municipality. The Town is recruiting for multiple positions on 12 boards and committees, including:
· Accessibility Advisory Committee
· Committee of Adjustment
· Community Policing Advisory Committee
· Green Committee
· Heritage Advisory Committee
· Heritage Conservation District Committee
· Planning Advisory Committee
· Recreation and Leisure Advisory Committee
· Senior Services Advisory Committee
· St. Marys Public Library Board
· St. Marys Museum Board
· Youth Centre Advisory Board
The eligibility requirements, terms of reference and descriptions of each board and committee are available at www.townofstmarys.com/boardsandcommittees.
Those who are interested in applying can download a digital form at www.townofstmarys.com/boardsandcommittees; hard copies will also be available at Town facilities. Completed forms can be submitted in person at a Town facility or by:
· Mail: Clerk’s Department, Town of St. Marys, P.O. Box 998, 175 Queen Street East, St. Marys, ON N4X 1B6
· Fax: 519-284-2881
· Email: email@example.com
Town Council will consider all eligible applicants during a closed meeting on Tuesday, November 20, 2018. The chosen board and committee members will be formally appointed by Council on December 4. All applicants will be notified of Council’s decision by mail following the December 4 meeting.
Questions about the application process can be directed to Brent Kittmer, CAO/Clerk at 519-284-2340, ext. 216 or firstname.lastname@example.org.